JOIN OUR TEAM
Our team at the Kansas 4-H Foundation is small in number, but large in impact. We believe in the Kansas 4-H Youth Development Program and its ability to empower young people. Our staff works toward fulfilling our mission—bringing Kansas 4-H together with financial support from the private sector through relationships with corporations, businesses, interest groups and individuals who believe in youth and express this belief through philanthropy.
Donor Relations and Database Management Intern
Interested in learning how donor stewardship and data management impact effective fund development efforts?
This student position will support the Kansas 4-H Foundation’s development team and be exposed to various pieces of non-profit work but will focus on donor stewardship and assisting with database management. The Kansas 4-H Foundation develops funds to support Kansas’ largest youth organization, 4-H, as well as Rock Spring Ranch, a 735-acre camp and conference facility. Through this position you will gain an understanding of how donor relations, data, marketing, event planning and development impact each other in a non-profit organization. This position is available immediately and includes an opportunity to extend additional semesters and potentially summer employment.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
While no prior experience is required, preference will be given to those who have data management experience and/or previous non-profit experience.
- Be currently enrolled and in good standing at an accredited college or university.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, systems and processes
- Strong computer skills, with the ability to quickly learn new programs.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Discretion regarding confidential information.
- Must be able to work independently and be an enthusiastic self-starter, who is intelligent, creative, hard-working, punctual and detail-oriented, with strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Preference may be given to individuals who have previously been a 4-H member.
- Execution of donor stewardship strategy in relation to the Foundation’s leadership annual giving society, making stewardship phone calls, processing acknowledgement letters and additional stewardship processes as needed.
- Assisting the Foundation’s development team with donor relations efforts.
- Perform database functions such as data entry, event tracking, data corrections, gift processing and other needs as required.
- Manage special events database tasks, including event records, registration processing and post-event processes.
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
- Must be responsive to requests and willing to collaborate with other staff and/or departments to meet the needs of the organization.
- Will be available to times and events, which may be some evenings and/or weekends, when needed to fulfill duties.
- Listens well, is open to other perspectives, work styles and methods.
- Willingness to collaborate and learn from other team members.
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Consistently follows through on projects and issues.
- Flexible, adaptive and responsive to change.
- Ability to adequately respond to requests and demands in a timely manner.
If interested, email Avery Rush, senior manager of donor relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.