JOIN OUR TEAM
Our team at the Kansas 4-H Foundation is small in number, but large in impact. We believe in the Kansas 4-H Youth Development Program and its ability to empower young people. Our staff works toward fulfilling our mission—bringing Kansas 4-H together with financial support from the private sector through relationships with corporations, businesses, interest groups and individuals who believe in youth and express this belief through philanthropy.
Communications and Public Relations Intern
Interested in learning how a non-profit organization operates? Join our team at the Kansas 4-H Foundation and gain hands-on experience working in a philanthropic organization in areas of communications and public relations. In this role, you will also collaborate with the development team including frontline fundraising, donor relations and volunteer management.
You will work with our director of communications and public relations to tell stories about 4-H donors, volunteers, and youth. You will create and edit impact videos and reports and manage social media campaigns. There may also be opportunities to visit Rock Springs Ranch and interact with summer camp staff as we share the 4-H story across the state of Kansas.
- Student applicants should be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Preferred 4-H experience, but not required
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build relationships with others
- Good organizational skills and ability to balance multiple tasks at one time
- Discretion regarding confidential information
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and reliable transportationEmployment Benefits
- 20 hours per week
- $10-12 per hour
Opportunity to extend internship into spring and summer
- Modern, collaborative, and technology savvy ofﬁce space
- Committed to demonstrating diversity, equity and inclusion in all that we do
- Positive and energetic work environment with enjoyable colleagues who frequently bring ofﬁce snacks
- The world's best cinnamon rolls when at Rock Springs Ranch
Application and Interview Process
Email a resume and cover letter to Maria Childs, director of communication and public relations, at email@example.com or call 785-775-0123. After reviewing applications, qualified candidates will be contacted for in-person interviews.