JOIN OUR TEAM
Our team at the Kansas 4-H Foundation is small in number, but large in impact. We believe in the Kansas 4-H Youth Development Program and its ability to empower young people. Our staff works toward fulfilling our mission—bringing Kansas 4-H together with financial support from the private sector through relationships with corporations, businesses, interest groups and individuals who believe in youth and express this belief through philanthropy.
Senior administrative professional
The senior administrative professional plays an integral role in the execution of administrative functions and ensuring the managing of office operations, supporting senior managers, scheduling appointments, planning meetings, and performing various administrative tasks at the Kansas 4-H Foundation. The senior administrative professional will provide assistance to staff while contributing to the overall efficiency of the organization.
The Kansas 4-H Foundation is the 501(c)(3) fundraising arm for Kansas 4-H, the state’s largest positive youth development program, as well as Rock Springs Ranch, the state 4-H camp and conference center. The Foundation works with businesses, organizations, individuals and families who share a common desire to support a statewide effort of growing future leaders. Rock Springs Ranch is a 735-acre property located in the heart of the flint hills just 10 miles south of Junction City, Kansas, and is accredited by the American Camp Association.
- Administrative support for senior leadership
- Serve as the executive secretary for the board of trustees including coordination of quarterly meetings, support for six volunteer led committees, serve as recording secretary, manage communication systems for trustees (Boardable) and plan virtual and in person meetings. Familiarity with bylaws and parliamentary procedures is preferred.
- Utilize communications strengths to draft correspondence including writing and editing emails, draft memos, and preparing for presentations.
- Schedule and maintain calendar appointments for the President/CEO and CFO, including making appointments and prioritizing time sensitive matters.
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed and complete credit card reconciliation.
- Serve as an administrative liaison to the State 4-H Office at Kansas State University.
- Assist CFO with accounts receivable and accounts payable as needed.
- Contribute to fundraising efforts by providing support to development team members.
- Collaborate with donor relations to process daily mail and assist with gift processing and acknowledgement.
- Office Management
- Serve as a positive and energetic first impression of the organization by answering the main phone line for the office.
- Assess needs of callers, connect to appropriate staff members and respond promptly to inquiries from constituents.
- Greet guests to the office and direct vendors to appropriate staff or location.
- Coordinate and oversee regular building maintenance and repairs.
- Coordinate orders for office supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Positive attitude, professional demeanor
- Possess interest and desire to serve the mission of the Kansas 4-H Foundation
- Minimum of five years of administrative support or related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, highly recommended experience with QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, and Expensify
- Skillfulness with grammar, proofreading, and editing documents
- Must possess a current driver’s license and have/maintain a good driving record.
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug test
- Consummate professional with highest level of integrity demonstrating trustworthiness, confidentiality and respectfulness.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Possess well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Self-driven, proactive, energetic, and positive personality
- Strong ability to assess situations
- $18-$24 hourly
- Salary and title commensurate with experience
To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SENIOR FUNDRAISING PROFESSIONAL FOR MAJOR GIFTS
The Kansas 4-H Foundation is the 501(c)(3) fundraising arm for Kansas 4-H, the state’s largest positive youth development program, as well as Rock Springs Ranch, the state 4-H center, located southwest of Junction City, Kansas. The Foundation works with businesses, organizations, individuals and families who share a common desire to support a statewide effort of growing future leaders.
The Foundation is currently seeking a results-driven, energetic individual to serve as a fundraising professional specializing in major gifts. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a comprehensive portfolio of individuals, business partners, and organizations while soliciting and securing philanthropic gifts for annual and capital campaign priorities, communicating with current and prospective donors, and collaborating to build a stronger development team for our organization. This individual works closely with the development team, President/CEO and Board of Trustees in all development and fundraising endeavors.
If you have a strong background in non-profit fundraising and share a desire to advance positive youth development throughout the state, we encourage you to apply.
- Execute strategies within the Kansas 4-H Foundation’s annual and capital fundraising plan.
- Schedule in-person visits via phone/email, qualify prospective donors, solicit gifts, close gifts and steward relationships appropriately.
- Renew, develop and maintain communication with prospective and current donors.
- Implement strategies to identify new donors who align with philanthropic priorities.
- Demonstrate impact to donors by sharing timely and accurate reports.
- Collaborate with staff on donor recognition efforts.
Qualifications and Skills
- Embrace the mission of the Kansas 4-H Foundation and demonstrate commitment to advancing positive youth development.
- Demonstrate impeccable integrity, respect of others and honesty.
- Be a self-starter and results-driven when initiating fundraising calls and donor visits.
- Possess leadership and interpersonal skills needed to work with and motivate staff, board members, donors and volunteers.
- Desire to travel and foster meaningful relationships on behalf of the organization.
- Be organized and exhibit follow through on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Contribute to a team-oriented fund development approach.
- Demonstrate excellence in organizational, managerial and communication skills.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years of professional transferable experience in major gift fundraising and/or related fields.
- Experience with video conference meeting platforms..
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or similar relationship management system.
- Working knowledge of Google suite, such as Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 403b retirement plan with employer contribution and matching
- Positive and energetic work environment
- Modern, collaborative, and technology savvy office space
Position requires a valid motor vehicle operator’s license with an acceptable driving record. Frequent in-state travel is expected.
Employment is contingent upon passing the Kansas 4-H Foundation background check.
$55,000 - $95,000
Competitive salary and title are commensurate with experience.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.